According to Cyprus law, before the marriage can proceed you must meet the following legal requirements:
• Have a valid ten-year passports not due to expire within six months, plus photocopies of all pages relating to the personal information contained therein.
• Each have your own Single Status Statutory Declaration confirming that you are free to get married. These must include your name, address, nationality, religion, passport number and occupation; state whether single, divorced or widowed; that you intend to marry in Cyprus; and be signed and stamped by a solicitor on the document.
• Have the original copy of the decree absolute if divorced and, if Catholic, the original copy of the marriage annulment.
• Have the original copy of the death certificate if widowed.
• Proof of parental consent if under 18, stamped and signed by a solicitor. Proof of name change by Deed Poll, stamped and signed by a solicitor.
• Birth certificates and or adoption certificates if adopted.
• To avoid disappointment always bring the original documents that are requested above